Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Albany Police Tax Levy

http://democratherald.com/news/local/albany-police-fire-levy-passes/article_e1f543d8-9f1b-11e1-b3ff-0019bb2963f4.html

Albany Oregon residents turned out at 10% and voted to approve the tax hike. The bad press could have been exposed if a blogger like myself would reach more people. Passive has been the word here. I did have a good laugh when an earlier Democrat-Herald article detailed the Police Dept. woes. The two claimed it was so bad boxes were stacked throughout the station due to space constraints. The Democrat-Herald and APD have taken lessons from Judith Miller on how to manipulate readers/voters. Comedy hour continues, as it has for eons here in the west.


http://www.publications.ojd.state.or.us/Publications/A126379.htm
In this court transcript, it is the State Police out of line. I am curious as to why APD did not get a superior officer to weigh in on this. I am also curious as to what is policy in this situation and why APD did not question the State officer's motive or methods.


http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002230037_disband04.html
The word on the street is these guys were crooked and everybody knew it. This article quotes Joe Simon as claiming no evidence of wrongdoing was found. Of course not.


http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2010/09/albany_police_officer_accused_of_sex_abuse.html
This has been a recurring theme for APD. If you are someone like myself who has been critical of them, you lose all respect and credit. I reported an offender named Graem Hromas, and because of who I am APD took 10 days to interview this predator(multiple child priors) and finally this criminal did time over this particular offense. The attitude of APD is if there is not money or power, do not bother.


http://ucpi.digissance.com/system/files/file/Members%20Articles/complaint%20prone%20officers.pdf
This paper can explain some of this. But not the rhetoric that accompanies law enforcement when they speak.


http://democratherald.com/news/local/man-charged-with-whipping-pit-bull/article_40183284-0e96-11e1-b2f4-001cc4c03286.html
This is an example of something better, as I would not say that APD is entirely bad. Remember that it was a black man that came to Reginal Denny's aid. I still believe.

http://www.brandeis.edu/departments/politics/gordoncenter/policeproject.html
This thinktank supports a balance of police and public; honest, fair, and undangerous.

http://albanyoregonpd.blogspot.com/
A complaint about APD. I have seen this kind of thing personally, when I reported Graem Hromas(later convicted to do 4 years) APD acted like they should investigate me. This idiot named Newbie(no joke, APD Officer Newbie, the nametag could have been some initiation or hazing-i should see if he still is with APD)) asked if they should investigate my 20 years at the Albany Boys and Girls Club. Painfully dumb. These incompetent dumbasses then asked my X(mother of my kids) if I could be involved, hilarious.

http://democratherald.com/news/local/article_d75adf84-efb1-11df-ad7c-001cc4c002e0.html
You decide.



1 comment:

  1. Wow, a man after my own heart! For the 25 years I lived in Albany I was not one time satisfied by any of the interactions I had with them. I recall phoning 911 in 1995 when a toddler wondered into my yard. It was over an hours before I saw a woman frantically wondering the streets looking for this child. She was the babysitter, or so she said, and the child had opened the back door and wondered off. The Albany Police Department NEVER RESPONDED. I assume they didn't respond because they didn't like me from a previous interaction with them at 2am on Thanksgiving 1994 my boyfriend, and father to my child (then 7 months old) and I woke up to his estranged wife (Peggy Hosier-Rice) standing over us in bed, her dog by her side. I naturally jumped out of bed and called the police as I screamed at her to get out. My BF ran outside just in time to jump into his pickup truck as she drove off in it. (Later we found out she had hidden her car several blocks away in order to steal his truck) The police never responded. I called the day after Thanksgiving and no one returned my calls. About a week later I went to the police department myself to find out why she had not been arrested for breaking into my house. After waiting for some time in the lobby an officer took me in the back, to a private room and told me they were not going to arrest her "you shouldn't have been messing with her husband". Apparently the law takes a back seat to "the other woman"? According to my BF they never even spoke to her about the incident! APD can not be trusted to uphold the law, why would the voters give them more money to waste?

    ReplyDelete

Thompson's Mills State Park in Shedd, Oregon

Copyright Ronald Borst - April 6, 2017